Fed up with reading online?? Get the PDF's and Printed Notes at Nominal Ratesstudent.jpscnotes.in
Get the demo before buying:- username demo, password demo
Variable Climatic condition throughout the state has led to the development of different agricultural practices. Scientists have divided the state into following agro-climatic regions:-
Western Agricultural Region:-
- It covers the sandy arid plains with low rainfall and thus about 70% of the net cropped area is under Kharif crops of bajra and pulses. This region extands to the districts of Jaisalmer, Barmer,Bikaner,Jodhpur ,Pali and Churu.
- Availability of irrigation facility has divided the region into two types of crop combination.
- Bajra-Jowar-Sesamum-Wheat region (where irrigation facilities are provided like Pali district by Jawai dam canal) and Bajra mono culture where irrigation facilities are limited. Success of Indra Gandhi Canal could be viewed from the fact that Sriganganagar and Hanumangarh are the only districts in western Rajasthan where ravi crops dominate the cropping pattern.
Central Agricultural Region
- Most of the area in this region is a part of Banas basin and covers the districts of Ajmer,Jaipur and Bhilwara.
- During Kharif season bajra,jowar,maize,pulses,oil seeds and cotton are cultivated while Barley and wheat are cultivated in the Ravi season.
South- Central Agricultural Region
- It covers the districts of Chittorgarh,Udaipur and Rajsamand with a general crop combination of Maize-Wheat and Gram-Jowar.
South-Eastern Agricultural Region
- This region is generally covered by the Black soil and is is an important Jowar growing area of the state.It covers the districts of Jhalawar, Bundi ,Kota,Baran and Tonk.
- Kharif crops are:- Jowar,Maize,oil seeds,cotton and Sugarcane
- Ravi crops are:- wheat and gram
North-Eastern Agricultural Region
- This region is a predominately Ravi growing area covering the districts of Sawaimadhopur, Alwar and Bharatpur.
- Kharif crops are:- Bajra,Jowar,Oilseeds,Pulses and Rice
- Ravi Crops are:- Wheat,Barley and Oil seeds
South-Western Agricultural Region
- It covers the predominately rice and maize growing districts of Dungarpur and Banswara.
Rajasthan ranks second only to Jharkhand in the availability of minerals and is blessed with 79 different minerals.
Rajasthan has a monopoly in Non-Metallic Minerals ,while Rajasthan is not so rich in metallic minerals but the quality of metallic minerals available in the state is high.JPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for JPSC Prelims and JPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by JPSC Notes are as follows:-
- JPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims Exam 2017- Test Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes