Fed up with reading online?? Get the PDF's and Printed Notes at Nominal Ratesstudent.jpscnotes.in
Get the demo before buying:- username demo, password demo
- Many dispossessed peasants took to robbery and dacoity.
- Indigo Revolt of 1859-60
- By the end of 1860 indigo cultivation was virtually wiped out from the districts of Bengal
- A major reason for the success of the Indigo revolt was the tremendous initiative, cooperation, organization and discipline of the ryots.
- Another was the complete unity among Hindu and Muslim peasants
- Another significant feature was the role of intelligentsia of Bengal which organized a powerful campaign in support of the rebellious peasantry.
- The government’s response to the revolt was rather restrained and not as harsh as in the case of civil rebellions and tribal uprisings.
- The government appointed the Indigo Commission to enquire into the problems of indigo cultivation. The report of the commission exposed the coercion and corruption in indigo cultivation
- The government issued a notification in November 1960 that ryots could not be compelled to sow indigo and all disputes were to be settled by legal means.
SSCMASTERS will come out with more such initiatives to provide a level-playing field to aspirants who do not need or have access to coaching and provide strategic competitive advantage to our followers in every aspect of SSC preparation and to stand true to its endeavour of becoming ‘A One stop Destination for SSC preparation’. Please Subscribe ssc masters for regular update for ssc cgl preparation. Leave you reviews about SSC Masters in the comment box below and suggestions for ssc masters for innovative SSC CGL preparation.JPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for JPSC Prelims and JPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by JPSC Notes are as follows:-
- JPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims Exam 2017- Test Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes