Fed up with reading online?? Get the PDF's and Printed Notes at Nominal Ratesstudent.jpscnotes.in
Get the demo before buying:- username demo, password demo
- Coastal Ocean Monitoring and Prediction System (COMAPS)
- Being implemented from 1991. Assesses the health of coastal waters and facilitates management of pollution-related issues
- Programme was restructured and modified in 2000 2001 to include pollution monitoring; liaison, regulation and legislation; and consultancy services.
2.Land Ocean Interactions in the Coastal Zone (LOICZ)
- Launched in 1995. Investigates the effects of global change on the coastal zone
- Aims to develop, on a scientific basis, the integrated management of coastal environments
- Integrated Coastal and Marine Area Management (ICMAM)
- Launched in 1998
- Aims at integrated management of coastal and marine areas.
- Model plans for Chennai, Goa and Gulf of Kutch being prepared
- Society of Integrated Coastal Management (SICOM)
- Launched in 2010
- Major national initiative to protect coastal ecosystems
- A professional body with experts in various aspects of coastal science and management
- Institutions for Coastal Management
- The Notification on Coastal Regulation Zone (CRZ), 1991 (as amended from time to time) aims at protecting coastal stretches in India.
- India has created institutional mechanisms such as National Coastal Zone Management
- Authority (NCZMA) and State Coastal Zone Management Authority (SCZMA) for enforcement and monitoring of the CRZ Notification.
- These authorities have been delegated powers under Section 5 of the Environmental (Protection) Act, 1986 to take various measures for protecting and improving the quality-of the coastal environment and preventing, abating and controlling environmental pollution in coastal areas.
- JPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims Exam 2017- Test Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes