Fed up with reading online?? Get the PDF's and Printed Notes at Nominal Ratesstudent.jpscnotes.in
Get the demo before buying:- username demo, password demo
NSSO 66th round Employment Survey
- The survey showed a decline in the labor force participation <for men, women or both?>
- Female LFP has declined as per all the three criteria (usual, weekly and daily status) in rural and urban areas as compared to 2004-05
- Even among urban males, there is a decline in the rates as per the usual and weekly status, though the daily status work participation rate shows an improvement.
- Only the rural males reported an increased participation in the labour market in terms of all the three criteria
- The decline in the work participation rate of females can stem from their increased participation in education and withdrawal from petty or subsidiary activities.
- Women may withdraw from principal activities if male earnings improve considerably
- Apart from the supply side (from labour point of view) factors driving this decline there are other factors as well
- Other factors
- Decline in the demand for labour?
- Underemployment or disguised unemployment might have declined in the urban areas
- Lack of rural diversification
- JPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims Exam 2017- Test Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes