Fed up with reading online?? Get the PDF's and Printed Notes at Nominal Ratesstudent.jpscnotes.in
Get the demo before buying:- username demo, password demo
RAS(RPSC)/RTS Pre Examination 2012 Solved Question Paper for General Knowledge(GK) and General Science(GS) conducted on 14th June 2012 by Rajasthan Public Service Commission(RPSC), Ajmer. Here is RAS(RPSC) Pre 2012 GK, GS Paper 1 Solutions, Full Question Paper, Answer Key of RAS(RPSC) Pre Examination 2012. For Results, Cut-Off Marks, Subject Papers. The Answer Key for PAPER-2 Optional Subject are Uploaded on website Link RAS(RPSC) Pre 2012 Optional Subjects Question Paper Solutions. For More updates on RAS(RPSC) Pre 2012 Results Follow us on FACEBOOK OR GOOGLE+ For all Previous year RAS(RPSC)/RTS Papers(1991-2012) visit:
RAS(RPSC) Exam Previous years Papers
RAS(RPSC) PRE 2012 GK, GS OFFICIAL ANSWER KEY released by RPSC Ajmer of 18th August 2012 at website Link below
RAS(RPSC) Pre Exam 2012 GK, GS Answer Key
RAS(RPSC) Pre Exam 2012 GK, GS Solved Paper:
1.Which mineral of the following is associated with the “JHAMAR-KOTRA” Regions in Rajasthan:
1) Lead and zinc
3) Rock Phosphate
Ras(rpsc)freenotes.in Tips: RSMML operate for the mining of Rockphosphate ore. It operates one of the largest and fully mechanised mines in the country at Jhamarkotra, 26 Kms. from Udaipur and Kanpur Group of Mines located 15 Kms. from Udaipur.
2) The production of food grains in rajasthan in the year 2010-11 was highest after independance, it was:
1) 250 Lakh tonne
2) 235 Lakh tonne
3) 210 Lakh tonne
4) 192 Lakh tonne
Ans: 2 ( 235.61 Tonne)
3) Desert Development Programme is being implemented in 16 District of rajasthan. This programme is being fonded:
1) 100% by Govt. of India
2) 100% by Rajasthan Govt.
3) In the ratio of 50:50 by both the govt.
4) 75% by Govt. of India, 25% by Rajasthan Govt.
Ras(rpsc)freenotes.in Tips: From 1st April , 1999, the Desert Development Programme is being funded on the basis of 75:25.
4) Match the following:
TRIBES IN RAJASTHAN REGION/AREA
A. Sharia 1. Marwar
B. Kathodi 2. Abu Road
C. Garas(rpsc)ia 3. Mewar
D. Rabaries 4. Baran
Ans: 3 (A-4, B-3,C-2,D=1)
5) “Tripitaka” Texts are related with which religion:
1) Vedic Religion
RAS(RPSC)freenotes.in Tips: Tripi?aka is a traditional term used by various Buddhist sects to describe their various canons of scriptures. A Tripi?aka traditionally contains three “baskets” of teachings: a S?tra Pi?aka, a Vinaya Pi?aka and an Abhidharma Pi?aka.
6. Who is considered as the first Modern Man of India?
1) Nana Saheb
2) A. O. Hume
3) Raja Ram Mohan Roy
4) Swami Vivekanand
7. Who was first woman President of the Congress?
1) Kadambini Ganguli
2) Sarojini Naidu
3) Annie Besant
4) Kamla Nehru
Ras(rpsc)freenotes.in Tips: Annie Besant was the first woman President of Indian National Congress. She presided over the 1917 Calcutta session of the Indian National Congress. Annie Besant was of Irish origin and was one of the few foreigners who played a significant role in the Indian freedom movement.
8. In which battle did Maharana Sanga defeat Ibrahim Lodi?
1) Battle of Khatoli
2) Battle of Sarangpur
3) Battle of Siwana
4) Battle of Khanua
Ras(rpsc)Efreenotes.in Tips: In Battle of Khatoli (1517), Rana Sanga defeated Ibrahim Lodi while During Battle of Khanwa (1527) Babur defeated Rana Sanga.
9. Which Rajput ruler continued his struggle for independence against Mughals and did
1) Raja Raisingh of Bikaner
2) Rao Chandras(rpsc)en of Marwar
3) Raja Bharmal of Amber
4) Maharana Amar Singh of Mewar
10. Identify the incorrect pair amongst the following relating the freedom fighters of
Rajasthan with the area of their activities
1) Arjun Lal Sethi : Udaipur
2) Jai Narayan Vyas : Jodhpur
3) Kesari Singh Barhath : Mewar
4) Govind Giri : Vagad
11. Which amongst the following place was not a centre of the revolution of 1857 in
12. Which of the following areas were integrated at the seventh stage (1 November 1956) of the integration of Rajasthan?
1) Matsya Sangh
4) Ajmer and Abu
13. Identify the incorrect pair about the dialects of Rajasthan and the area of their prevalence:
1) Tonk : Dhoondhari
2) Pali : Bagadi
3) Baran : Hadoti
4) Karauli : Mewati
14. Who is the author of Prithviraja Vijaya?
1) Chand Bardai
2) Prithviraj Chauhan
4) Nayanchand Suri
15. Which category of Rajasthani Literature is related to story or narrative genre?
16. Identify the incorrect pair relation the folk dances of Rajasthan with their area of revalence:
1) Gindar dance : Shekhawati
2) Dhol dance : Jalor
3) Bamaras(rpsc)ia dance : Bikaner
4) Dandia dance : Marwar
17. What is the name of the famous folk drama of Bhils?
18. Gopiji Bhatta is related with which folk drama style of Rajasthan?
19. Where is the temple of folk deity Mallinathji located?
1) Tilwara (Barmer)
2) Nagala Jhaz (Bharatpur)
3) Santhu village (Jalor)
4) Panchota village (Jalor)
20. Which amongst the following is not as folk goddess of Rajasthan?
1) Chhink Mata
2) Karani Mata
3) Auwari Mata
4) Hidimba Mata
21. Which is the famous centre of “Blue Pottery” in Rajasthan?
22. Identify the incorrect pair amongst the following:
1) Beneshwar Fair : Dungarpur
2) Badshah Fair : Beawar
3) Maru Mahotsava : Barmer
4) Gautameshwar Fair : Sirohi
Ras(rpsc)freenotes.in Tips: Maru Mahotsav is held yearly in Jaisalmer.
23. “Tarabhant ki Odhani” is the popular costume of which category of women in Rajasthan?
1) Rajpur women
2) Gurjar women
3) Adivasi women
4) Jat women
24. Which of the following is not a sub-dialect of Marwari?
26. In which year Rajasthan Mission on Livelihood was started?
27. According to 2007 Livestock Census the total number of livestock in Rajasthan is:
(1) 491 Lakh
(2) 547 Lakh
(3) 579 Lakh
(4) 484 Lakh
28. Where first Solar Park in Rajasthan will be established?
1) Balotra (Barmer)
2) Badla (Jodhpur)
3) Pokaran (Jaisalmer)
4) Shergarh (Jodhpur)
29. Which one of the following statements is not correct?
1) Wells and Tubewells are the main sources of irrigation in Rajasthan.
2) The construction of Gang Canal was completed in 1927.
3) The water of Indira Gandhi Canal is only used for irrigation.
4) ‘Khadin’ is a traditional method of water conservation in arid Rajasthan.
Ans: 3 (IG Canel is also used to provide drinking water to Jodhpur and villages)
30. The Solar Policy was announced first time by the Government of Rajasthan in the year:
31. What is true with the present position of revenue account in the budget of Rajasthan?
1) Revenue deficit is alarming.
2) Revenue deficit is under control.
3) Revenue deficit is less than other neighbouring states.
4) There is revenue surplus.
32. Which of the following institutions has been playing a leading role to promote generation of non-conventional energy in Rajasthan?
2) The Rajasthan Renewable Energy Corporation
3) The Rajasthan Non-conventional Energy Corporation
4) The Rajasthan Non-conventional Power Generation Corporation
33. Indicate the share of industries in GSDP of Rajasthan in 2010-11 at 2004-05 prices.
34. The main objective of Rajiv Awas Yojana (RAY) is: 1) to provide free houses to BPL families.
2) to provide free houses to SC/ST families.
3) to provide interest free loan for construction of houses in rural areas.
4) slum free India.
35. Which of the following bear responsibility for the planning, execution and implementation of MGNREG schemes?
1) Gram Sabha
2) Gram Panchayat
3) State Government
36. The Rajasthan Govt. announced in the budget 2012 to set-up a hydrology and water management institute. In which of the following district, it is being established?
Q. 38. RIICO has developed for Agro food parks to promote
1) exports of agricultural commodities.
2) investment in agriculture.
3) agro-based industries.
4) food – storage facility.
Q 39. Which of the following river originate from M.P. and drops its water into the Gulf
of Khambhat? Exam Results
1) The Parvati
2) The Luni
3) The Mahi
4) The Javai
Q 40. Hon’ble CM’a seven point programme is related to:
1) Rural development of Rajasthan
2) Empowerment of women in Rajasthan
3) Eradication of poverty in Rajasthan
4) Agricultural development of Rajasthan
Q 41. Match the following:
A. Namda 1. Jaipur
B. Doria 2. Tonk
C. Ajaraka 3. Barmer
D. Marble sculpture 4. Bikaner
Ans: 1 (A-2, B-5,C-3,D-1)
Q 42. In Rajasthan, there is great potential of bio-mass energy because of:
1) Availablity of desert area
2) Availability of sun-heat
3) Availability of live stock
4) Availability of mustard Husk
Q 43. Consider the following statements: In Rajasthan, development of Gas based power plants becomes most appropriate and preferred option for meeting the peak energy demand on following grounds –
A) The state has no coal reserves.
B) It is most renewable source of energy.
C) Hydro potential has already been exploited.
D) Gas based power plants need less water compared to coal based power plant.
1) (A) and (D) are correct
2) 2) (A), (C) and(D) are correct
3) (A), (B) and (C) are correct
4) Only (A)( and (C) are correc
Q 45. Dholpur Power Project will be based on:
Q. 46 Linseed (ALSI) us a rich source of :
1) Vitamin C
2) Omega-3 Fatty Acid
3) Essential Amino Acids
Ras(rpsc)freenotes.in Tips: Its high levels of ?-Linolenic acid (a particular form of Omega-3 fatty acid), it is used as a nutritional supplement.
Q. 47 The latest technique used to establish identity of a human being based on biotechnological principals is:
1) Biometrix Analysis
2) Genome sequencing
3) DNA finger printing
Q. 48 In Microwave oven, the microwave tube used is:
1) A Combination of klystron and magnetron tube
2) Kelystron Tube
3) Magnetron Tube
4) Travelling Wave tube
Q. 49 In fiber optics communication the signal travels in the form of:
1) Light wave
4) Electric Wave
Q. 50 The optimum sound level for human being is:
1) 90 db
2) 60 db
3) 120 db
4) 100 db
Q. 51 Biodiversity day is celebrated on:
1) 29 December
2) 27 June
3) 28 February
4) 30 January
Ras(rpsc)freenotes.in Tips: This question need more DISCUSSION as United Nations celebrates May 22 as International Day for Biological Diversity while some country also have celebrations on 29 December. So for this question the answer will be 29 December.
52. A Bio-technique in which Ultras(rpsc)onic sound is used:
53. Daily energy required by a hard worker man is
1) 3000 Kilocalories
2) 2700 Kilocalories
3) 4000 Kilocalories
4) 6000 Kilocalories
54. Arrange the following countries in the descending order according to their area and select the correct answer using code given below:
Ras(rpsc)freenotes.in Tips: 2 Answer Need more DISCUSSION. The correct answer is Canada(9.98), USA(9.63), China(9.59), Brazil(8.51) while India(3.28).
Which one of following is not a correct match
1) Finland – Helsinki
2) Bolivia – La Paz
3) Ehiopia – Lusaka
4) Ukraine – Kiev
Syr and Amu Rivers are flow into:
1) Caspian Sea
2) Black sea
3) Baltic Sea
4) Aral sea
Which mountain form boundary between Spain and France
Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer using the code given below
1) Canada – 1) Lagos
2) Greece 2) Damascus
3) Nigeria 3) Toronto
4) Syria 4) Athens
Ans: 3. Canada-Toronto, Greece-Athens, Nigeria-Lagos, Syria-Damascus
Which continent is knwon as “Cradle of Mankind” ?
4) South africa
In which year the wildlife protection act was introduced in India ?
61. Which one of the following is not a Project Tiger Reserve in India ?
Ras(rpsc)freenotes.inTips: Chilka Lake Bird Sanctuary at Puri, Orrisa is known for Bird and Fish reserve Project, Not a Tiger Project.
62. Which one of the following is the main cause of the ecological imbalance in India:
3) Floods and Famines
4) Rainfall variations
63) Which one of the following is the highest aravali peak ?
64. In which region of rajasthan ravines are found ?
1) Banas Basin
2) Mahi basin
3) Luni Basin
4) Chambal Basin
65. In which region of Rajasthan Entisol Group of soils are found ?
66. In which district of Rajasthan “KHAS” gras(rpsc)s is grown ?
1) Kota, Bundi and Jhalawar
2) Dholpur, Karauli and Alwar
3) Ajmer, Banswara and Chittorgarh
4) Sawai Madhopur, Bharatpur and Tonk
67. Which one of the followin is not a cause of Desertification in Rajasthan ?
4) Improper soil and water Management
68. The two important Beryllium producing district of Rajasthan are:
1) Udaipur and Jaipur
2) Alwar and Jhunjhunu
3) Nagour and Pali
4) Sirohi and Dungarpur
69. Who is the chairman of Joint Parliament Committee set up to look into the 2G Spectrum Scandel ?
1) Murli Manohar Joshi
2) PC Chacko
3) AB Bardhan
4) Sita ram Yechury
70. In which state the Indian Union, the govt. encouraged a Private militia(Selva Judum) and whose action was invalidated by Supreme Court ?
1) Orissa (Odisha)
4) West Bengal
71. In which game Saina Nehwal earned international recognition and was awarded the Rajiv gandhi Khel Prize in 2012 ?
2) Table tennis
72. Who was honored with Bharat Ratna in 2009 ?
1) Pandit Ravi Shankar
2) Lata Mangeskar
3) Bismillah Khan
4) Bhimsen Joshi
Ans: 4 … or None (DISCUSSION WELCOME)
Ras(rpsc)freenotes.in Tips:In 2009, Bharat ratna was not awarded, the last Bharat Ratna was awarded to Bhimsen Joshi(2008), Lata Mangeshkar(2001), Bismillah Khan(2001) and Pt. Ravishankar(1999).
73. With which subject the 97th Constitution Amendment Act of 2012 is concerned ?
1) Free and compulsory education of children till the age of 14 year
2) Organization and working of co-operative societies
3) Stringent measures to deal with terrorism
4) Provision of Lok Pal to prevent corruption
Ras(rpsc)freenotes.in Tips: 97th amendment to the Indian constitution, which makes the right to form cooperative societies a fundamental right under Article 19(1)(c) [now, the right to form “associations or unions or cooperative societies” (emphasis supplied)]. The amendment also inserts a new directive principle into Part IV of the constitution, Article 43B, which reads: “The State shall endeavour to promote voluntary formation, autonomous functioning, democratic control and professional management of cooperative societies”. The website says that the amendment came into force on January 12, 2012
For More visit: http://indiacode.nic.in/coiweb/amend/amend97.pdf
74. Which artist associated with Music was honored with Rajasthan Ratan Posthumously ?
1) Khem chand Prakash
2) Mohd. Rafi
3) Jagjit Singh
4) Bhupen Hazarika
75. Who got membership of Rajya Sabha by Presidential Nomination in 2012
2) Jaya Bachhan
3) Hema Malini
4) Anu Agha
76. In March 2012, in which state of India, the election commission countermanded the Rajya Sabha Elections ?
1) Uttar Pradesh
4) Madhya Pradesh
77. Against which judge the Rajya Sabha Passed the Motion of impeachment in 2011, but he resigned to save himself before it could be passed by the Lok sabha ?
1) Justice V Ramaswami
2) Justice Bhattacharya
3) Justice Soumitra Sen
4) Justice PD Dinakaran
78. Which maoist leader was finished by Security forces in 2012 ?
2) Charu Majumdar
4) Kanu Sanyal
79. In which country the Arab spring witnessed its inauguration in 2011 ?
80. Which new state came into being in 2011 ?
1) East Timor
2) West sahara
3) North Korea
4) South Sudan
81. Where the 17th Conference of the SAARC held in 2011 ?
82. With which country India signed 2+2 Treaty in 2010 ?
2) Russian federation
83. Which country’s resolution was supported by India in UN human right council that condemmed suppression of Tamil Militants in Sri Lank ?
3) Russian Federation
84. With which country India signed a treaty in 2011 for the exploration of Oil resources in South China Sea ?
Ras(rpsc)freenotes.in Tips: State run ONGC to begins Oil exploration and production activities in the South China Sea despite Chinese opposition.ONGC’s plan to develop oil blocks in the South China Sea allocated to it by Vietnam.
85.Where was the 15th Conference of the Non-Aligned nations in 2009 ?
4) Kuala Lampur
86. On which date in 2012 Pravasi Bhartiya Diwas Celebration at Jaipur was inaugurated ?
1) 5 January
2) 7 January
3) 9 January
4) 11 January
www.ras(rpsc)freenotes.in Tips: Pravasi Bharatiya Divas is an annual event jointly organized by the Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs (MOIA) and Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) to mark the contribution of overseas Indian community in the development of India. Jaipur host 10th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas from 7th to 9th January 2012.
87. Which party got notable success in the parliamentary elections under the leadership of Suu Kyi held in Myanmar in 2012 ?
1) Democratic Party
2) League for Democracy
3) National League
4) National League for democracy
Ras(rpsc)freenotes.in Tips:Aung San Suu Kyi is a Burmese opposition politician and General Secretary of the National League for Democracy (NLD) in Burma.
88. Which India has been elected as a Judge of the International Court of Justice in 2012 ?
1) Nagendra Singh
2) B.N. Rau
3) Dalveer Bhandari
4) Dinkar Lal Bhandari
89. If all the plants and trees vanish from the earth, the gas which will decreases is:
1) Caron dioxide
3) Water vapour
90. Dynamo is a Machine which is used for:
1) Conversion of High Voltage to low voltage
2) Conversion of Low Voltage to high voltage
3) Conversion of Electrical energy to Mechanical energy
4) Conversion of Mechanical Energy to Electrical energy
91. DRY ICE is:
1) Frozen Ice
2) Frozen Carbon dioxide
3) Frozen water
4) Frozen oxygen
92. The Halogen being used as Analgesic is:
93. The IC Chip used in computer is made of:
94. The first metal used by Man was:
95. A 100 Watt electric bulb is used for 10 Hr. What will be the cost of Electricity consumed, if the consuption cost is Rs. 5 per unit ?
1) Rs. 5
2) Rs. 10
3) Rs. 25
4) Rs. 50
Ras(rpsc)freenotes.in Tips: As we Know 1 Unit = 1000 Watt. So total consumption in 10 Hr is 100W*10 = 1000 Watt or 1 KW or 1 UNIT, So Total cost will be 1*5 = Rs. 5.
96. Which of the following is the best conductor of Electricity ?
97. Ozone layer is above the earth crust around ?
1) 50 KM
2) 300 KM
3) 2000 KM
4) 20 KM
www.ras(rpsc)freenotes.in Tips: The ozone layer is mainly located in the lower portion of the stratosphere from approximately 20 to 30 kilometres above Earth, though the thickness varies seasonally and geographically.
98. The Saliva helps in the digestion of :
99. In Television Broadcast, the picture signals are transmitted by:
1) Ampliture Modulation
2) Frequency Modulation
3) Phase Modulation
4) Angle Modulation
100. The cooling by a desert Coolar is based on:
1) Hot air replacement
2) Air dehydration
3) Evaporative Cooling
4) Air Rehydration
Dear Readers, These Solutions for RAS(RPSC) Pre 2012 Question Paper is based on Our Knowledge and Sources, Please Not that these Solutions are Not Official RPSC Key, Answers. If any solution need Correction or having any Confusion, Please Post query under comment.
For More on RAS(RPSC)/IAS/PSC Exams Follow us on FACEBOOK OR GOOGLE+JPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for JPSC Prelims and JPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by JPSC Notes are as follows:-
- JPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims Exam 2017- Test Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes