Fed up with reading online?? Get the PDF's and Printed Notes at Nominal Ratesstudent.jpscnotes.in
Get the demo before buying:- username demo, password demo
The primary energy consumption in India is the third biggest after China and USA with 5.5% global share in 2016.The electricity generation target of conventional sources for the year 2017-18 has been fixed as 1229.400 Billion Unit (BU). i.e. growth of around 5.97% over actual conventional generation of 1160.141 BU for the previous year (2016-17). The conventional generation during 2016-17 was 1160.141 BU as compared to 1107.822 BU generated during 2015-16, representing a growth of about 4.72 %.
India has become power surplus from chronic power shortage. Record capacity additionof around one-fifth of current conventional power capacity and solar power capacity addition of 157% in the last two years led to a boost in power generation. The highest-ever increase in transmission lines and sub-stations improved the transmission scenario resulting in energy deficit falling to lowest ever of 2.1% in 2015-16.
Energy Crisis can be described as a situation in which a country suffers from frequent disruptions in energy supplies because of large and increasing gaps between availability and demand of electricity accompanied by rapidly increasing energy prices that threaten economic and social development of the nation.
- Our over-dependence on limited and exhaustible sources of energy such as our coal and oil deposits.
- Increasing gap in the demand and supply of the energy.
- Ever increasing prices of the energy and fuel from other countries.
- Reluctance in using alternative and renewable sources of energy, such as solar,wind, bio-energy, etc..
- Overuse and misuse of the available sources of energy.
JPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for JPSC Prelims and JPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by JPSC Notes are as follows:-
- JPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims Exam 2017- Test Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes