Fed up with reading online?? Get the PDF's and Printed Notes at Nominal Ratesstudent.jpscnotes.in
Get the demo before buying:- username demo, password demo
- New CISCE curriculum will focus on students
- At least 140 delegates of ICSE (Indian Certificate of Secondary Education) and ISC (Indian School Certificate) schools from Bihar and Jharkhand attended the 30th regional conference of the Association of Schools for the Indian School Certificate (ASISC) in Patna.
- The theme of the event was ‘Education for a happy nation.
- The CISCE curriculum, which is applicable from the academic year 2017-18, endeavours to provide uniformity in the teaching-learning process in all schools affiliated to the council. It is child-centric and focuses on learning by doing and learning through interaction with others.
- Notice to 80 secondary schools without UP Board affiliation in Agra.The secondary education department has issued notices to more than 80 schools in the district for operating without affiliation of the UP Board that conducts high school and Intermediate examinations.A majority of these schools are located in rural areas but more than one dozen of them are also operating in the city areas.
- In the notice, all these schools have been asked to present affiliation certificates within three days.The secondary department has been issuing notices since July 20 but so far, none of these institutions has provided the required documents.
- World Health Organisation appointed Milkha Singh as Goodwill Ambassador for physical activity.
- Legendary athlete Milkha Singhwas appointed as the World Health Organisation’s (WHO) Goodwill Ambassador for physical activity in the South-East Asia Region (SEAR).
- Milkha Singh was also known as ‘the Flying Sikh’ and is a Padma Shri awardee. He had won medals in athletics in Commonwealth and Asian games.
- International Youth Day celebrated globally.
- International Youth Day (IYD) is observed world wide annually on 12 Augustto pay attention to youth issues.
- This day was designated by the United Nations(UN) in 1999 with the adoption of Resolution 54/120.
- The first IYD was observed on August 12, 2000.
- Theme of IYD 2017 is:- “Youth Building Peace”.
- Aajeevika Grameen Express Yojana (AGEY) launched.
- The Government of India has decided to launch a new sub-scheme named “Aajeevika Grameen Express Yojana (AGEY)” as part of the Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM).
- The Self Help Groups under DAY-NRLM will operate road transport service in backward areas. This will help to provide safe, affordable and community monitored rural transport services to connect remote villages with key services and amenities (such as access to markets, education and health) for the overall economic development of backward rural areas.
- The beneficiary SHG member will be provided an interest free loan by the CBO from its Community Investment Fund upto Rs.6.50 lakh for purchase of the vehicle.
- National Rural Livelihoods Mission (NRLM) was launched by the Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD), Government of India in June 2011.
- In November 2015, the program was renamed Deendayal Antayodaya Yojana (DAY-NRLM).
- Objective of scheme is enabling poors to increase household income through sustainable livelihood enhancements and improved access to financial services.
- Lok Sabha passes State Banks (Repeal and Amendment) Bill, 2017
- The Lok Sabha passed the State Banks (Repeal and Amendment) Bill, 2017. The bill seeks to repeal the two Acts namely State Bank of India.
- It is to amend the State Bank of India (SBI) Act, 1955 to remove references to subsidiary banks and powers of State Bank of India (SBI) to act as an agent of the RBI.
- The Union Cabinet approved the merger of five associate banks along with Bharatiya Mahila Bankwith SBI. The five banks were State Bank of Bikaner.
- SoftBank Vision makes Big investment in Flipkart.
- Softbank fund invests one of its largest shareholders Flipkart Group (Flipkart) India’s leading e-commerce marketplace announced an investment a mix of primary and secondary capital from SoftBank Vision Fund (Vision Fund), the world’s largest technology focused investment fund.
- This is the biggest ever private investment in an Indian technology company and will make the Vision Fund one of the largest shareholders in Flipkart.
- The investment was partly used to buy shares of an existing investor Tiger Global and additional capital in the company.
- Centre likely to boost minimum wage, revise old formula.
- Giving a major boost to the minimum wages, the Centre may soon increase the counting of number of members per family from 3 to 6.
- At present, wife, husband and two children clubbed together are considered at three units. Based on this, government calculates minimum wage for agriculture and non-agriculture workers under the Minimum Wages Act, 1948. The Act is applicable to 47 central sector establishments and includes both agriculture and non-agriculture workers in the country.
- However as per the government officials, Union labour ministry is now planning to double the number of units per family by taking two children as separate units and including dependent parents. This revision will increase wage to about Rs. 18000 per month from existing Rs 9100 per month in C category areas for an unskilled worker.
- Currently, minimum wages for a domestic worker is Rs 704 for an hour and 5,642 per month for eight hours of work in a month. If the duration of work exceeds to more than 8 hours, the hourly rates get double as overtime. For an unskilled labour it is Rs 207 per day or Rs 5,382 per month and for skilled labour it is Rs 227 per day or Rs 5,902 per month.
JPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for JPSC Prelims and JPSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by JPSC Notes are as follows:-
- JPSC Mains Tests and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims Exam 2017- Test Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Prelims and Mains Tests Series and Notes Program
- JPSC Detailed Complete Prelims Notes